Sometimes we have those days – where everything pisses us off and we don’t have time for anybody or anything.
I know I’m not alone.
Sometimes, we even allow these negative emotions to seep into our lives and affect the ones we care for most – even when we don’t mean to.
We’re all allowed bad moods from time to time, but what I’m learning is to not take out my personal issues on others when it isn’t warranted.
You know what I mean.
You’re having a really tough time, due to stress about work, bills or other things in your daily life that may have seemed to pile up on you. Although completely understandable, what must be understood is that EVERYONE is dealing with something at one point or another.
Taking your issues out on others not only makes their day worse, but it can also disrupt the peace in other people’s lives and really doesn’t make you feel any better at all anyways.
In many cases you will probably end up feeling worse if like me, your conscience never takes a damn day off!
What we can practice in times like these is to breathe.
Yup! That’s it!
Take a deep breath, relax and attempt to grasp an understanding of what exactly it is that’s bothering you and instead of taking out on others, perhaps try talking it out with someone.
I find that most people would like to help you, even if it’s advice or a reassuring word.
Before you get consumed in that fire of negativity you feel boiling in your gut, take a breath and quench that beast with some compassion for others and yourself!
Nine times out of ten it will work, or at least diffuse that bad boy some before it becomes an all out inferno!
- Trading Negative for Positive (speculationsimpressed.wordpress.com)
- Not Everything Is Out To Get You (titansmonria21.wordpress.com)
- Ways to cope with feelings of stress and anxiety (thambitionist.wordpress.com)
- Filter the Negativity (inspire4better.com)
- Ways to deal with Disappointment (viviansenaya.wordpress.com)
- Seven Positive Responses to Negative Feedback (emilyburnham.wordpress.com)
- Breathe in Self-Love. Breathe Out Negativity. (molliemcnitt.wordpress.com)
- The Yes Meditation: How To Empower Yourself To Be Awesome (rebelzen.com)
- 10 Ways In Which Colors Can Affect Your Life (educativity.wordpress.com)
- Negativity is a Disease…Protect Yourself (pamper411.wordpress.com)